People seek support from a counsellor for many different reasons. Here are just a few:
- Anger management / managing strong feelings
- Stress, anxiety or depression and low mood
- Low self-confidence / self-esteem
- Couples counselling / relationship issues (of all kinds)
- Bereavement, loss and grief
- Self harm and eating disorders
- Body image, weight management
- Obsessions, compulsions and control issues
- Past, current or childhood abuse
- Sex and sexual difficulties
- Erectile dysfunction or painful intercourse
- Sexuality / gender identity issues
- Bullying and conflict
- Loneliness and isolation
- Redundancy / employment issues
- Pregnancy, miscarriage or termination
This list is far from exhaustive. People come for counselling for all imaginable reasons. If you're finding life hard at the moment, even in a small way, then talking with a counsellor can prove highly beneficial.
Some people come for counselling when they experience significant changes in their lives, others simply because something in their life just doesn't feel right, even if they can't pinpoint why.
Counselling provides a safe, warm, supportive environment in which you can explore your feelings and talk about your concerns.
If you're unsure if counselling is for you, or if you'd like to make an appointment to see someone, call us on 0151 601 2145. What are you waiting for?