The counselling we provide
Based in Waterloo, Liverpool, we offer a warm, friendly and professional counselling service for individuals, couples and families. We work from 9 am to 9 pm Monday to Friday and may be able to offer weekend appointments where there is no viable alternative. We offer flexible appointment times so can accommodate most working patterns, and our fees are negotiable according to your individual circumstances. Most of the time we see clients once a week for around 50-60 minutes but we can see you more or less frequently, or offer longer or shorter appointments, according to your need.
Who comes for counselling
We work with adults and children, individuals, couples and other family groups (for example, a parent and an adult child or two siblings).
Our clients come with a broad range of issues including:
- Relationship/child and family problems
- Bereavement and loss
- Anger, aggression or other strong feelings
- Obsessions, compulsions and control issues
- Depression and low mood, postnatal depression
- Stress and generalised anxiety (GAD), health anxiety
- Shyness, social anxiety, blushing
- Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress and PTSD
- Low self-confidence / low self-esteem
- Physical, emotional and sexual abuse (including bullying and domestic violence)
- Sex and sexuality
- Phobias and panic disorder
- Weight management and body issues
- Eating disorders, self-harm
- Gambling and addictions, alcoholism
While some clients have a clear understanding of what's 'wrong', others come with a sense that "something isn't right", without knowing what. Some bring long-standing issues while others come with more recent problems.
How we work
While most appointments take place in our premises in Waterloo, Liverpool, we would consider alternative arrangements, such as home visits, as necessary. Most counselling is done face-to-face but we can offer telephone or video counselling as appropriate.
We use a range of counselling modalities, including person-centred counselling, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). We are also able to use more expressive or creative forms of therapy as appropriate.
Where to go from here
No matter what your situation, counselling may help. Why not give us a ring to discuss your specific needs?